CEN CAL CALIFORNIA DIVING & AQUATIC STUDIES SCHOLARSHIP
To promote a better understanding of the environment we so love to explore, the
Central Ca1ifornia Council of Diving Clubs, known as Cen Cal, is offering our
annual California Diving & Aquatic Studies Scholarship. This award was
previously named the Seaviews/Cen Cal Marine Science Scholarship.
The award of $1,000 is to support a student engaging in studies of underwater
habitats. Aquatic related programs in the disciplines of biology, physical
sciences, marine education, maritime archaeology, historical and social aspects
of marine resources or the science of diving are relevant for consideration.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The deadline of February 17, 2017, has passed for this season.
1. California resident enrolled full time in a California college or university.
2. Individuals 18 years of age or older at time of application.
3. Certified diver holding a current national certification.
4. Student (graduate or undergraduate) with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
1. Complete and sign the official application form.
2. Copies of all official college transcripts.
3. Short description of professional goals (300 words maximum).
4. Copy of Certification Card.
5. List of honors, awards, offices, positions, titles, community service or
other activities supporting the application.
6. One letter of recommendation included with application or sent separately.
7. One passport sized photograph.
(photo required for inclusion with press release upon award of scholarship)
Send Application to:
APPLICATION CHECK LIST:
1. Application form -- completed and signed
2. Current photograph -- passport size
3. College transcripts
4. One letter of recommendation
5. Copy of certification card
6. Short description of professional goals
Sonoma, CA 95476
Go here for your pdf version of the Application